Answers You Will Receive…
…when choosing Lakes Area Home Inspection & Design
- We have been in the residential inspection business since 2004
- We are not involved in any other business. In accordance with the ASHI® Standards of Practice, we do not participate in any referral or construction related activities. It represents a conflict of interest.
- Yes, we do carry Errors & Omissions insurance and we are bonded.
- We always encourage buyers to attend the inspection. Buyers that attend have a better understanding of the property as viewed by the inspector and are better able to read and interpret the final report. The buyer's attendance also helps them understand the scope of a home inspection as well as the limitations.
- An inspection can usually be scheduled within one or two days.
- A typical inspection of a 2000 square foot house will take roughly 2-3 hours.
- Our inspectors have extensive experience in performing home inspections. Collectively, they have inspected over 2000 properties and have 20+ years of construction and inspection experience. In addition, each of our inspectors have completed the industry's most extensive training program, offered by Carson, Dunlop and Associates.
- Lakes Area Home Inspection has performed more than 2000 inspections.
- All inspectors are members of International Association of Certified Home Inspectors, (inter NACHI), is a non-profit professional association dedicated to establishing standards of excellence for professional home inspectors.
- The inspection fees vary slightly depending on the size and age of the house. A full inspection of a 2000 square foot house is $315.00-$600.00. Radon testing is also available for $150.00 with a home inspection Call our office at 218-736-2214 or Cell 218-731-2897 for a specific quotation.
- A full inspection covers the Site/Grounds, Exterior, Structural Components, Foundation, Roof, Attic, Insulation, Ventilation, Plumbing, Electrical, Heating/AC, Garage, Kitchen, Bathrooms, and Interior.
- Yes, we prepare an extensive written report that generally runs 30-40 pages. Included is a Report Overview that will let you quickly review the recommended improvements to the home. The report is narrative in nature so that you can read, in plain english, the results of the home inspection. We advice on logical discretionary improvements. A Maintenance Schedule is also provided for your home.
- The report is computer generated on-site. There are no sloppy hand-written checklists! And you don't have to wait for the report.
- The report is available the same day.
- You can receive a sample report by contacting our office.
- Yes, our reports conform to (and exceed) the ASHI® Standards of Practice.